The following persons are eligible for accreditation:
Persons from Germany or abroad who can provide the following proof of journalistic (including photojournalistic) employment (related to the topic of the exhibition in question):
- By presenting by-line articles published no earlier than six months before the time of the event
- By presenting a legal notice in which they are named as editors, permanent editorial staff or authors, and which is no older than three months at the time of the event
- By presenting a written commission from a complete editorial office, in the original, relating to the current exhibition
- By means of a weblink to an online publication that is well established in the industry community in question and that can prove an adequate reach. In these cases, advance accreditation is necessary due to the extra verification effort. Online media of this type must have been in existence for at least three months, must produce regular entries and the most recent article relating to the topic of the exhibition must be no older than three months. (In individual cases, separate, more detailed accreditation rules may be specified for bloggers, with a separate status for bloggers.)
- By presenting a document no older than six months stating that they work for a school magazine, or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organisation, or by presenting written confirmation from a school stating that they work for the school magazine in an editorial capacity
- Holders of a valid press card from a German or foreign journalists’ association
We point out that presenting a press card is generally not, in itself, sufficient grounds for accreditation. Koelnmesse GmbH reserves the right to request further proof of journalistic employment as specified in items 1 to 5.
Credentials should be presented in German or English. Koelnmesse GmbH reserves the right in individual cases to also demand presentation of a valid photo ID. There is no automatic right to accreditation. If necessary, Koelnmesse GmbH shall exercise its domiciliary rights.
We reserve the right to apply minor additions and exceptions to these accreditation guidelines for certain fairs and events.
We advise you that data received for the purpose of processing your accreditation may be also used for the clarification of queries.
The following groups of persons shall not be accredited:
- Persons without journalistic credentials, such as account managers, sales managers, advertising managers or webmasters, PR consultants and private companions
- Germans resident in Germany who present a foreign press card
- Persons who present a written commission from a freelance journalist
- Persons who are exclusively active in social networks in a private capacity
1 July 2016
Anja Scheidt Communications Services
Tel. +49 221 821-2366
Fax +49 221 821-3544